If it wasn’t for my big calendar on the wall I don’t know that I could stay half as organized as I do know. It’s basically hold’s my family’s entire life! All our schedules, the kids’ activities, due dates, and school functions go on there every month. Over the years, I’ve tried a few different styles, and these are the best wall calendars for busy families.
The Best Wall Calendars for Busy Families
Every family has different needs, and everyone has their own unique style. Some people don’t mind the tacky wall calendars, for example, but other people feel like they need something that fits with their decor.
You also have to take into consideration how busy your family is. Do you need a lot of space to write? Do you like stickers? Buying the right wall calendar is more complicated than you might realize!
They’re also not that cheap, so you want to make sure you get the right one. Here’s some of my favourite family wall calendars for busy families like mine.
This post contains affiliate links. That means I earn a small commission when something is purchased through one of these links.
I have to be honest here – this was my most recent experiment and I’m not a fan. My mom picked one up for me and it looks great on my wall, but I just don’t like that I can’t write activities in that are happening in the months ahead.
That being said, I do love the versatility of a perpetual calendar. It’s a one time purchase, and I know some busy families who swear by theirs. So it’s definitely a strong contender if that’s your thing.
- You can erase any cancelled events and correct mistakes
- One time purchase!
- There’s so many styles out there that can fit with your home décor (aka: it’s not tacky)
- Sometimes you can get magnetic ones which is handy to keep important notes hung in one place
- Can’t write events in for the months ahead
- Might get smudged
- Hard to write on
My tip: Use different coloured, fine tip whiteboard markers on it and colour code based on family members.
This calendar is definitely a bit different than the ones you’re probably used to. Instead of having the flat month view that we’re used to, it goes in columns and has dedicated spots for each family member. There’s enough spaces for 5 people, which means it will be good for most ‘normal sized’ families. (AKA not big families like mine.)
It’s definitely a unique way for busy families to stay organized with a calendar, and could probably serve as an addition to a regular wall calendar or even a perpetual write on one.
- Dedicated space for each family members means it’s easy to see what items are for who
- Easy for everyone see to see what’s coming up for them
- Weekends are highlighted to help you stay organized
- Small writing spaces, and wasted space on family members who rarely have activities
- Not good for bigger families with more kids
- Not a traditional calendar
My tip: Something like this is really good if you’re always mixing up what activates are for who. It’s also easier for kids to use and write in their stuff, which is great for teaching personal responsibility.
I’ve actually bought this calendar for my family more than once. I love the flat design (rather than a calendar that opens) and the paper quality is really good. I also think, for the most part, the pictures are cute so it looks OK hanging up. There’s lots of stickers and even some extras like a chore chart, too.
One downside, though, is there isn’t a whole lot of space on each square to write in so if you’re very busy you might need more room. There’s also no lines, which some people might not like.
- Flat design is easy to write on
- Good quality with lots of extras
- Easy to see at a glance what’s going on
- Limited writing space with no lines
- Can be tough to look ahead because of the flat design
- Magnetic strip might not be strong enough
My tip: Buy different coloured pens and colour code each family member. Also don’t forget to use the stickers!
The way this calendar tracks up to 5 family members is really cool. It’s kind of like the Mom’s Family Wall Calendar, except it lists everything in the month view. I also like that you can write in all the names so if you wanted to just track the kids on the calendar you can do that too.
Again, if you have more than 5 people this isn’t going to be any good to you. I also don’t love the way the days get stretched out because of the dedicated space. But, if you like that separation, then this might just be the calendar for you.
- Separate area on each day to record activities for up to 5 people (you could probably squeeze more in)
- Comes with lots of stickers
- Has a separate dry erase weekly schedule so you can make a more detailed weekly plan
- Long design so it takes up more space
- Not enough of certain stickers
My tip: I think I could sequeeze more family members onto this calendar. It’s very good if you’re someone who wants to stay super organized!
If you want a calendar that’s simple, this is for you. The months are clean and there’s lots of lined writing space to fit all your busy family’s activates. I love that the middle is coil ring, rather than stapled, so the calendar will lay flat when it’s hanging on the wall.
On each month there’s also room for some general to do lists, and it has suggested activities for that month.
- Clean, easy to use design
- Large writing area with lines
- Coils help it lay flat
- Monthly activities might not suit your family
- No magnetic strip to hang it on the fridge
My tip: This is honestly an awesome, easy to use calendar. I love that it will fit with most decorating styles and especially the way it lays flat.
Choosing the best wall calendars for busy families
As you debate the best wall calendars for busy families, it can be tough to decide which is right for you. My recommendation is the Big Grid Family Organizer if you’re looking for something that’s really universal. It doesn’t have magnets, but you can use magnetic clips to hold it up if you want something on the fridge.
If you’re looking for something simple and more compact, choose the
Motherworld calendar. Even with 5 kids, I find it still works for me.
Finally, if you want one calendar forever, and you don’t mind not being able to look ahead then a stylish perpetual calendar is for you.
Now that I’m done recommending the best wall calendars for busy families I better order my own!